Monday, July 09, 2007

AOL Active Virus Shield Save Me!

I used to think I am a 'careful' person. I don't install untrusted software, make my Windows as 'clean' as possible. However, my notebook still got infected.

Actually I have installed the F-Secure anti virus, but obviously that it failed to scan the virus. As a result, it always prompted out a "service.exe error 1073740972" and ask to restart in 60 seconds. I am so frustrated!. While I search the web for solution, a page mentions that try to use AOL Active Virus in safe mode. Okay, so I did have a try...

AOL Active Virus Shield use Kaspersky engine. It is totally free, and the most important thing is that it does help me. After a full scan, I found that my notebook was infected with 1 virus and 2 trojans(how come the F-Secure doesn't help?!). It was PECompact, Trojan.Win32.Dialer.qn and Trojan-Proxy.Win32.Agent.mx. I deleted the files without hesitation. Now my notebook runs smoothly and no more services.exe error comes out. Thanks AOL Anti Virus Shield!!

Finally, just let you know that apart from AOL Anti Virus Shield, there are still free anti virus software, such as AVG and ClamAV (Windows version). Just put the name and you should find the things.

No comments: