Saturday, January 27, 2007

The World is Flat

Recently I am reading the book "The World is Flat". I am shocked by the changes of the 21 century.

Nowadays information technology shortens the distance between people. Anybody who know how to use the IT skill can join the platform and interact with others. This is so called the 'Flat World'. The author mentioned some companies start outsourcing some jobs or tasks to India, China, or other developing countries. This would reduce the cost as well as improve the efficiency. Because of a task of my company, I just communicated with a India support and completed the task. Apart from the language issue, there are no difference whether I was working with a local or a remote support. Perhaps you will find all the back end support will be in Indea, China, or somewhere you cannot imagine. Just as what the author said, the world is becoming flat.

Nevertheless, language is still a issue for me. It is not an easy task for me to speak in English with the Indian. Perhaps I still have to improve my English.

Ref: The book in Amazon

No comments: